Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning iPhone Screen

Hello,

I just wanted to check and see if this type of microfiber cloth is okay to use on the iPhone XS screen?

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-CW190423-24-Pack-Microfiber-Cleaning/dp/B009FUF6DM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=microfiber+cloth&qid=1564624141&s=gateway&sr=8-3

It seems like this one is a bit, rougher? As opposed to this microfiber cloth

https://www.amazon.com/MagicFiber-Microfiber-Cleaning-Cloths-PACK/dp/B0050R67U0/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=microfiber+cloth&qid=1564624141&s=gateway&sr=8-4

iPhone XS

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 7:30 PM

According to the advice provided by Apple: Cleaning your iPhone - Apple Support

• "Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth—for example, a lens cloth."

I have also found that a soft clean cotton t-shirt also does a great job.

6 replies

Jul 31, 2019 7:24 PM in response to Thrilliam

I don't like those kind of cleaning cloths with the "dobby" fabric. When something gets trapped in them they don't release easily. If I've got something like a minor fingernail break they'll snag.

It's been a while, but I remember a microfiber cleaning cloth that came with my MacBook in 2007. That was a smooth and soft to the touch. You can find that kind where eyeglass cleaning supplies are sold.

Jul 31, 2019 8:35 PM in response to Thrilliam

I don't know if the first one (the one I looked at) is really called "dobby", but it's the closest word I could think of. I think of that meaning a fabric with a lot of bumps. I've bought that kind before, and they do pick up a lot of dirt, but then it gets stuck inside and I've even heard of whatever was trapped in the fabric then causing scratches. They'll also snag on all sorts of things.

I looked at the second one, and that's more the style I think is recommended. Smoother and easier to shake out any dirt. That type also polishes better.

Cleaning iPhone Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.