Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to clean the Apple cloth itself?

So I got the Apple cloth (Polishing Cloth - Apple), which I use to clean my iPad screen. I usually dampen it with a little water, and then pass it around the screen.

After a while the cloth itself picks some dirt. So how do you recommend to clean the cloth itself?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2022 4:38 AM

In finding the link, you have found the official guidance for cleaning the special Apple nano-texture screens (for monitors that feature this very expensive finish) - and the equally “special” cleaning cloth.

You should note that while the special cloth is required for nano-texture screens - and no harm will occur in using this special cloth with your iPad - you can clean your iPad, iPhone and other screens using much cheaper alternatives.

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2022 4:38 AM in response to ijcos

In finding the link, you have found the official guidance for cleaning the special Apple nano-texture screens (for monitors that feature this very expensive finish) - and the equally “special” cleaning cloth.

You should note that while the special cloth is required for nano-texture screens - and no harm will occur in using this special cloth with your iPad - you can clean your iPad, iPhone and other screens using much cheaper alternatives.

How to clean your Apple products - Apple Support

How to clean the Apple cloth itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.