Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning iPad Pro 2020 w/ oleophobic coating?

Hi!

I have a question I haven't yet found an answer for, so I thought I might as well ask here.

How do I clean the iPad pro 2020 properly? I read that it has this oleophobic coating that supposedly rejects oils and dirt from the screen, but this is not the case. Whenever I clean the tablet I just end up smearing dirt and cleaning fluid around the screen. Cleaning fluid is rejected while oil sticks. It takes a long time to get the screen all clean and I'm afraid of scratching it due to rubbing so hard.

I don't have any other device with a screen like this- it's only the iPad that takes forever to clean. I can just use a simple microfiber cloth on all my screens except this one. It makes it difficult to use the Apple Pencil since it requires a clean screen to be used properly.

Does anyone have any tips? I tried using all types of microfiber cloths, heavy duty LCD glass cleaner, alcohol wipes for phones, a shirt, water... I'm afraid of using detergents since they can be abrasive.

The support article wasn't of much use, I'm afraid. Anyone here has the golden tip? :3

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 3:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 3:57 AM

Here is Apple’s advice for cleaning their devices:

How to clean your Apple products – Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 8, 2020 4:08 AM in response to Snollebol

You are very welcome.

The information that you provided was not specific as to the advice that you were working from. Not being mind-reader myself - and having no explicit point of reference - the official advice from Apple provided the baseline from which to begin.

Perhaps you should direct your question directly to Apple Support. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

Sep 8, 2020 4:18 AM in response to LotusPilot

If there wasn't enough information, I wouldn't mind elaborating if there's something you don't understand. You'd have to tell me because I wouldn't know what part you didn't understand or what extra information you would need.

I did mention I already checked the support article, though, so people wouldn't link an article I obviously already checked.

I suppose I'll throw Apple an e-mail, even though this was a question aimed at device users rather than the manufacturer.

ETA: Ah, too bad. I can't send apple an e-mail. I guess that's where it ends.

Cleaning iPad Pro 2020 w/ oleophobic coating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.