Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleaning iPad Pro Screen

After using my iPad Pro for about a year, I started to have trouble with the Apple pencil making stray marks, usually huge lines, but often several small marks as well. I eventually figured out that I needed to clean my screen. Indeed, when I really looked carefully I could see that the screen had picked up bits of dust and cat hairs from the inside of the case, which folds back and acts as a stand. When in this position the inside of the case is sitting on my desk. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and if just wiping with a cloth is helpful. I'm concerned that the debris will stick to the cloth and accumulate, just to make things worse down the line. Are there good disposable wipes? Can the microfiber cloths be washed?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 12:00 AM

You should be cleanng your iPad screen somewhat regularly.

I clean my iPad screen once or twice a day.

I use a very warm and moist, but very damp dry microfibre cloth to wipe the entire front of my iPad screen.

Followed by a dry microfibre cloth.

Microfibre cloths can be washed in the laundry or simply by washing in a sink using dishwash soap.

I wring both out and let air dry

Best of Luck to You!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 12:00 AM in response to SlynnEureka

You should be cleanng your iPad screen somewhat regularly.

I clean my iPad screen once or twice a day.

I use a very warm and moist, but very damp dry microfibre cloth to wipe the entire front of my iPad screen.

Followed by a dry microfibre cloth.

Microfibre cloths can be washed in the laundry or simply by washing in a sink using dishwash soap.

I wring both out and let air dry

Best of Luck to You!

Cleaning iPad Pro Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.