Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small Area where grease collects on iphone x screen

My replacement iphone X has a small section of the screen where grease, dirt smudges collect and stay. It appears to be confined to the top right section of the screen. When I wipe the entire screen it comes completely clean except for this one area. I followed all of the recommended cleaning techniques suggested but this one area seems to be a grease and dirt magnet. I rarely hold the phone to my ear and prefer to use earbuds or speaker so it's not touching my face.

The dirt magnet section will come clean but only after wiping at least 10 times with a clean lint free towel where the rest of the screen is wiped clean after 1 or 2 wipes of a lint free towel.

Functionality isn't affected but its more of an annoyance and very noticeable when the screen is in sleep mode. Or viewing in dark mode.

Could this be a coating failure? I was 23.5mo into my iphone exchange when I received this phone. My original X was brought in to repair a rear facing camera stabilizer. Apple decided to replace the entire phone because they said the screws stripped while attempting to replace the camera. Now the problem is I am 24 mo and 1 week from my apple upgrade and my applecare has expired. I was hoping it would have been extended to my newer replacement phone but that isn't the case.

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2020 6:50 AM

Hello iMattMattMatt,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that a corner of your screen is collecting more dirt and doesn't clean as easily as the rest of the screen. If your AppleCare+ had less than 90 days left, then you should still be able to have your replacement iPhone examined and serviced according to the information below:

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

"Our guarantee after service

We guarantee our service, including replacement parts, for 90 days or the remaining term of your Apple warranty or AppleCare+ coverage, whichever is longer. We offer this whenever you get service from us or from an Apple Authorized Service Provider. This is in addition to rights provided by consumer law."

Best Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2020 6:50 AM in response to iMattMattMatt

Hello iMattMattMatt,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that a corner of your screen is collecting more dirt and doesn't clean as easily as the rest of the screen. If your AppleCare+ had less than 90 days left, then you should still be able to have your replacement iPhone examined and serviced according to the information below:

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

"Our guarantee after service

We guarantee our service, including replacement parts, for 90 days or the remaining term of your Apple warranty or AppleCare+ coverage, whichever is longer. We offer this whenever you get service from us or from an Apple Authorized Service Provider. This is in addition to rights provided by consumer law."

Best Regards.

Small Area where grease collects on iphone x screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.