Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hairline cracks in iPhone XS Max screen

Hi All.

Well I have an XS Max bought cash on the release date.

Very happy with the phone, it has been cased since day one and had the apple screen protector applied straight from the box.

It has never been dropped or subject to misuse.

A few days ago whilst downloading some dash cam footage the sun caught the screen at a certain angle and I could see two hairline cracks about two cm apart both running horizontally across the screen!

You cannot see them normally but you can just about feel them if you run the tip of your nail over the screen.

So, I have read that the 1 year warranty on the phones covers hairline cracks regardless of apple care (which I don't have as I have never dropped an iphone, cracked a screen or needed one repairing since the first iphone came out!).

Has anyone else read this?

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2019 2:23 PM

The bottom line? If the Apple technician determines that these hairline cracks are due to a manufacturing defect, then the 1-year Apple Warranty should cover the repair or replacement of your phone.

It's all in the "fine-print:" Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty - Apple, specifically the "What is Covered..." and "What is not covered" sections.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2019 2:23 PM in response to Marcusbrittanicus

The bottom line? If the Apple technician determines that these hairline cracks are due to a manufacturing defect, then the 1-year Apple Warranty should cover the repair or replacement of your phone.

It's all in the "fine-print:" Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty - Apple, specifically the "What is Covered..." and "What is not covered" sections.

Hairline cracks in iPhone XS Max screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.