Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hairline crack on iPad Pro 11 inch screen

I bought a new iPad Pro 11 inch .. after using it for approx 20 days suddenly a hairline scratch of approx 1 cm appears in the middle of the screen .. I don’t know that where this came from as there is neither a sign of impact not I dropped it anywhere .. and using it with screen protector and case on it

I m worried whether it will be replaced free of cost at Apple service provider

anyone having same issue .. suggest me what do to ??

i also uploaded the picture of the same

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 9, 2020 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 8:58 AM

Purchasing devices and exporting to a different country nearly always introduces complications and difficulties with product warranties. Generally, if you are reliant upon a warranty for a high-value item, you would be best advised to purchase from an Authorised Supplier in the territory in which you make a claim.

Apple do offer a limited international product warranty, with exclusions, that are administered in the country from which you initiate the claim. Nobody here can give you a definitive answer as to what, if any, assistance Apple will provide.

If your intention is to seek assistance from Apple, you’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 8:58 AM in response to annucool

Purchasing devices and exporting to a different country nearly always introduces complications and difficulties with product warranties. Generally, if you are reliant upon a warranty for a high-value item, you would be best advised to purchase from an Authorised Supplier in the territory in which you make a claim.

Apple do offer a limited international product warranty, with exclusions, that are administered in the country from which you initiate the claim. Nobody here can give you a definitive answer as to what, if any, assistance Apple will provide.

If your intention is to seek assistance from Apple, you’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

May 9, 2020 4:33 AM in response to annucool

As suggested by James, as a first action, you might be well advised to contact Apple Support.

Given that you have a screen protector installed, have you checked that the apparent crack is not a foreign object, such a hair, that is either beneath the glass screen protector - or is adhered to the surface of the glass? Whilst not dismissing the possibility of a crack, checking for other possibilities might save unnecessary escalation. Any rainbow effect is often indicative of light diffraction around a foreign object.

As your iPad is nearly new and is undamaged, subsequent to suggested checks, I would also suggest that you contact your retailer without delay - and pursue a claim under your device warranty.

May 9, 2020 5:02 AM in response to annucool

Okay, so no foreign object beneath the screen protector, but how about something on the surface of the screen protector - or perhaps damage (such as a scratch) to the screen protector itself? A fingernail-test should be sufficient to confirm.

If the screen protector has been removed to confirm that no foreign material is between the screen and screen protector, then a crack in the iPad screen can similarly be verified.

May 9, 2020 8:43 AM in response to annucool

If purchased from Amazon, you can initiate a warranty claim (and/or a product return) from your Amazon account purchase history. You should contact Amazon Customer Service with any queries related to your account or your purchases from them. Your product warranty is with your supplier.

As the iPad was not purchased directly from Apple, given that the issue relates to a cracked screen, they are very unlikely to entertain a free warranty exchange. Instead, if Apple engage at all, they would most likely offer a chargeable exchange for a reconditioned model of the same specification; the exchange fee will be in the region of 60% or the “as new” cost.

Hairline crack on iPad Pro 11 inch screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.