Does Apple Care+ Cover Screen Scratches?

I have apple care+ for my iPhone 13 and I have some scratches on the screen. Some of them are pretty deep but I don’t think any of the would be considered cracks. Does apple care+ cover screen repair for scratches like this? And if so is there an extra charge to getting it fixed?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 28, 2022 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2023 12:06 PM

Hello,

AppleCare+ for iPhone does not protect against normal wear and tear or cosmetic damage that does not affect the functionality of the iPhone, including scratches. 

However, it does provide unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection from unexpected and unintentional events such as drops, spills, or cracked screens.

You can get the latest information about AppleCare+ for iPhone here: AppleCare Products - iPhone - Apple

Note that each incident is subject to a service fee or excess fee. The resource linked above provides an overview of those fees.

Take care!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2023 12:06 PM in response to jerrybraz

Hello,

AppleCare+ for iPhone does not protect against normal wear and tear or cosmetic damage that does not affect the functionality of the iPhone, including scratches. 

However, it does provide unlimited incidents of accidental damage protection from unexpected and unintentional events such as drops, spills, or cracked screens.

You can get the latest information about AppleCare+ for iPhone here: AppleCare Products - iPhone - Apple

Note that each incident is subject to a service fee or excess fee. The resource linked above provides an overview of those fees.

Take care!

Apr 11, 2024 12:37 PM in response to jerrybraz

I can tell you for sure that  Care + does NOT cover scratches. I have similar scratches with yours, it is pretty noticeable. I contacted  and get appointment with them. I went to  store with that, they checked my iPhone and the staff told me for sure, that it is just scratches and they won’t cover it. The staff even showed me her iPhone which the scratches is much worse than mine, but still they don’t cover that. SAD.

Does Apple Care+ Cover Screen Scratches?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.