Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hairline crack repair in iPad Pro 11

Hello

I should have done this last year but due to the pandemic things were too stressful for me with work and moving houses. I had my iPad for about 1 month purchased mid last year, I had bought all the covers and had been so careful with it as it was treated as my main computer and then noticed one day there was a hairline crack running from my volume buttons to other side of iPad. I was pretty devastated and got a quote from a local business to repair it and they said it would cost another $500 to repair the screen. I was devastated and couldn’t afford this so have just left it. I would like to repair it and it hasn’t done any more damage to the screen, I still draw and work on procreate app. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem as it hadn’t been dropped or had impact with anything? I didn’t purchase apple care at the time which was silly. Would Apple fix this crack for the same price if I took it into store? I read on another thread it could be manufacturing defect ?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 2:58 PM

It is notoriously difficult to prove that a crack is the result of a manufacturing or material defect. As such, screen damage is often excluded from warranty claims.

Apple offer a limited one-year warranty - against which you might have attempted to make a claim - but this opportunity has been lost.

Apple’s typical repair cost is c.60% of the as new price of the iPad. In lieu of an actual repair, Apple operate an exchange programme that replaces an device in need of repair for a reconditioned device of the same model and specification.

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 30, 2021 2:58 PM in response to Kinoko89

It is notoriously difficult to prove that a crack is the result of a manufacturing or material defect. As such, screen damage is often excluded from warranty claims.

Apple offer a limited one-year warranty - against which you might have attempted to make a claim - but this opportunity has been lost.

Apple’s typical repair cost is c.60% of the as new price of the iPad. In lieu of an actual repair, Apple operate an exchange programme that replaces an device in need of repair for a reconditioned device of the same model and specification.

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Hairline crack repair in iPad Pro 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.