Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch stuck at passcode, not able to reset, tried everything!

Hei all, i did the recent update on my apple watch. Then it asked me for my passcode, which i entered several times and it didnt work. then i had to wait 60min for each attempt. But now i can keep trying without waiting however none of the codes are correct.

So i tried to erase and reset from my phone, it started unpairing, but then gave an error. So now its unpaired and the watch is not on my phone anymore (i can only pair a new watch). I tried to reset from the apple watch by pressing side button (while connected to charger as described in many forums), but this just restarts the watch (after like 10sec) and the passcode page appears again.

I tried all attempts to reset and checked forum and video. But no chance to reset the watch. Any suggestions what to try?

Thanks in advance.

Stefan

Apple Watch

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 10:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2019 11:00 PM

If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

Apple Watch - User Guide

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2019 11:00 PM in response to StefanDing

If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

Apple Watch - User Guide

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD).

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

Aug 1, 2019 1:18 AM in response to StefanDing

There are several frequent errors which cause failure in attempting the Erase process from the watch,

• Charger not connected (you got that one)
  • Pressing both buttons so the watch does a Forced Reset (the instruction is Side Button only)
  • Incorrect press on the power-off slider. The method specifies a FIRM PRESS, not a long press or finger slide. (You didn’t mention getting to this stage)

My guess if you were getting a restart automatically at 10 seconds is the watch saw both the Digital Crown and the side button pressed (wrong action) and went for the Forced Reset. It is for you to decide if this was Operator Error, or if one of the buttons is stuck and the watch needs checking by Apple Service as Kappy suggests. I’m not sure if clicking the Digital Crown will change anything on the screen until you have cleared the passcode problem, but you should be able to feel it when you press. (If you don’t feel the crown move slightly try to clean by rinsing as described in How to clean your Apple Watch - Apple Support)

Aug 1, 2019 1:51 AM in response to Branta_uk

Hello, thanks a lot for the reply.

I tried to hard reset the apple watch as well. The buttons are working fine, i can feel both buttons working. HoweverI have now unlimited tries to put in the passcode (no more time limitations), and no matter what buttons i press, (slightly or hard) it only restarts the apple watch, the apple logo pops up and it goes back to the passcode screen.

is there any default passcode that the watch may use? I have tried all type of combinations honestly, even the simple once.

Thanks for the follow up.

Aug 1, 2019 2:57 AM in response to StefanDing

There are no default passcodes, the only solution is to erase the watch and setup again. If this is not working you need hands-on support from Apple’s staff support techs so setup your support call As Kappy suggests the best solution will be a Genius Bar visit if you have access to an Apple Store, because that should be a quick same day fix rather than mailing your watch.

Apple watch stuck at passcode, not able to reset, tried everything!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.