Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Sign Into iCloud on Apple TV

I have an Apple TV Series 3 on which I was successfully signed into my Apple ID and iCloud accounts. Earlier this week I noticed that I could not accesses my shared photo album which I use as a screensaver. I tried signing out of iCloud and then signing back in again, as this has worked in the past when the same thing has occurred. Now the Apple TV will not let me sign into my iCloud account, showing an error message “cannot connect to the server”. I have 2 factor verification activated and have reset and updated the Apple TV and signed onto my Apple ID but still cannot access my photographs via iCloud.

Any help or guidance you can give would be appreciated.

Apple TV

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 8:25 AM

I have now solved this problem. I requested a verification code using my iPod and added this to my iCloud account when signing on in Apple TV. Also worthwhile doing is checking the Language, Region and Timezone settings in the settings menu and amending these as relevant. My ICloud photostream, and shared albums are now all present and correct.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2019 8:25 AM in response to Garbokker

I have now solved this problem. I requested a verification code using my iPod and added this to my iCloud account when signing on in Apple TV. Also worthwhile doing is checking the Language, Region and Timezone settings in the settings menu and amending these as relevant. My ICloud photostream, and shared albums are now all present and correct.

Cannot Sign Into iCloud on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.