Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote, pasting into table splits into columns

Hello,

Having an issue with Keynote. I have a table and I am pasting content from a Google sheet and when I paste it splits the content into columns when more than one word.

One of the times I pasted a little pop up bubble appeared asking if I wanted to modify the pasting settings and when clicked it opened a menu I've never seen before that showed that words were split into columns at every space (Width adjusted) and then I could change it to Delimited and it fixed the issue and put all the text back into the one cell in main column.

I can not find that menu or option anywhere and it hasn't shown back up since.

How can I find this option again or stop it from doing this? I have to do this copy and paste thing every week for a presentation and it should be a simple copy and paste from Google sheet but instead it takes so much time cause I have to do one at a time.

Help! Thank you!

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 12:39 PM

I don't have any issues bringing in data from spreadsheets created in Excel, Libra, Openoffice or SoftMaker, I don't use Google products so can't test that.

Try clicking in the top left cell in Keynote, then using Paste and Match Style from the Edit Menu.

2 replies

Aug 6, 2019 9:27 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thank you but unfortunately all that does is match the style to the first column cell but still splits the words into the next few columns. The workaround I found is selecting 2 columns in my Google sheet and that seems to paste fine, keeping the same words in each column. It's when I select cells in a single column and try pasting them that it splits each word up.

I could fix this if I could access that random menu that popped up as a warning one of the times I pasted and has never popped up since. It opened up a two column menu, asking where to split the columns, if after words or not, etc. I can't remember everything now because I just clicked the correct setting and it clsoed and fixed the issue. And now I have no way of accessing it and can't find anything in Properties or any buttons anywhere. So frustrating...

Keynote, pasting into table splits into columns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.