Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos says it is uploading pictures when they already are on hard drive and in iCloud

Photos on my Mac says it is uploading 49,428 items of the total of 55,261 photos. All of the photos already appear to be visible. Plus, it is stuck and not proceeding over the past few days. All are already on iCloud. Photos deleted from my iPhone or iPad are not being deleted from the Mac. Photos is operating correctly on my iPhone X and IPad.

I performed a disk utility first aid on my Mac drive after first seeing many pictures missing, thinking there could be disk errors causing this. After completion all pictures appear to be present but it is stuck during a gigantic upload that shouldn't be necessary. Any ideas?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 10:33 AM

See this article https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204264

When you turn on iCloud Photos, the time it takes for your photos and videos to upload to iCloud depends on the size of your collection and your Internet speed. If you have a large collection of photos and videos, your upload might take more time than usual. 

Similar questions

2 replies

Photos says it is uploading pictures when they already are on hard drive and in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.