Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trackpad not responding

When I press to click on the trackpad on my MacBook Air, it does not respond. This has happened once before, but I have forgotten the "reboot" that fixed the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2019 11:52 AM

Try an SMC reset and PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes so it activates several times).

If you have a 2017 or older model MBAir and the physical movement of the Trackpad is restricted, then dirt and liquid may have built up around or beneath the Trackpad making it more difficult to press and register a physical click.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2019 11:52 AM in response to kmariem

Try an SMC reset and PRAM reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes so it activates several times).

If you have a 2017 or older model MBAir and the physical movement of the Trackpad is restricted, then dirt and liquid may have built up around or beneath the Trackpad making it more difficult to press and register a physical click.

trackpad not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.