Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Lock sound sometimes quiet, sometimes loud

About a week ago I switched over from Android to Apple and purchased the iPhone XS.

One quirk that I have noticed with this phone, and I have not been able to consistently replicate it, is the lock sound mysteriously gets quieter/louder on a whim.

I am not sure what triggers this, but sometimes it will be loud, and other times it will be quiet.

I have tried turning off attention aware features, but that did not seem to be it.

Has anyone else experienced this? And been able to track down what causes it?

Kinda sounds like this:

https://youtu.be/IU_BEkC6pKM

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 10:05 AM

Hey there!

I’m so sorry you’re having that issue. I think what’s happening is your ringer is maybe changing it’s volume when you try and adjust your volume? If that is not the case, I would suggest talking to Apple Support. They will be able to help you more than we can and will be able to provide some options for you :)

I’m so sorry once again you’re having this issue, please do let me know how it goes! And do let me know if you have any other question :)

Cheers!

Jorge1318.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2019 10:05 AM in response to Thrilliam

Hey there!

I’m so sorry you’re having that issue. I think what’s happening is your ringer is maybe changing it’s volume when you try and adjust your volume? If that is not the case, I would suggest talking to Apple Support. They will be able to help you more than we can and will be able to provide some options for you :)

I’m so sorry once again you’re having this issue, please do let me know how it goes! And do let me know if you have any other question :)

Cheers!

Jorge1318.

Aug 3, 2019 9:35 AM in response to Thrilliam

You said that you have an iPhone XS but the video link that you have posted is for some other old phone.

Request you to post issue that you are facing and not copy paste links from YouTube or Internet without knowing any background of those links.

Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community

https://discussions.apple.com › Mac OS & System Software › macOS Mojave

Aug 3, 2019 9:56 AM in response to SravanKrA

Right well I mentioned that the issue I am facing "kinda sounds like" the YouTube link I posted.

I am aware that it is a different phone in the video. However, to better explain the issue I am facing, I thought that it would help to post a video where the user is pretty much facing the exact same issue I am, except with a different phone.

iPhone XS Lock sound sometimes quiet, sometimes loud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.