Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I download JPEGS it stores the pictures behind much older photos

When I download photos onto my iMac, it shows the download as a much older photograph - downloaded years ago, but when I click on the old photo the new download is behind it. How can I stop this from happening? It happened on my MacBook Pro, which had to eventually be sent back to Apple for repair. It seems to be happening when I download Raw and Jpegs together. Raw files seem to be okay. Any ideas how I can rectify this at home. I've tried the iPhoto's repair and reloaded Mojave, but no luck so far. Many thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 3:14 PM

Select one of the thumbnail images and rotate 90˚ in one direction and then rotate back. Then click on the thumbnail and see if it matches the photo that appears. If it does you can do the same to batches of photos in the library till all are fixed.

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 5, 2019 4:24 AM in response to Old Toad

Hi,

Many thanks.

Rotating the photo's works! I shot only RAW yesterday, but unfortunately it happened with these files too, but rotating has fixed it. Do you have any idea why this is happening? I had to send my MacBook Pro back to Apple to solve the issue, but really don't want to have to do the same with my iMac. Is there anything I can do at home to solve this issue?

Best regards,

Ginette

when I download JPEGS it stores the pictures behind much older photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.