Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrating Itunes smartplaylists to Apple Music

I have read the articles explaining the general idea of migrating Itunes music files to Apple Music. I currently have a large library of music files residing in Itunes. However, one of the critical features I use most in Itunes is playlists, and especially smart playlists. If I migrate my Itunes library to Apple Music, especially when the migration is forced in the future, do all of my playlists move as well? Will Apple Music have playlists, smart playlists, and so on? On a related question, my Itunes catalog has a wealth of information like ratings, groupings, and so on. Will all of this content be available on Apple Music?

Posted on Aug 3, 2019 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 12:18 AM

Hi,

When you subscribe to Apple Music and use iCloud music library, your iTunes library is scanned to determine what music can be matched or needs to be uploaded. Your original library on your computer should be unaltered (make a backup before subscribing). Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

See also iCloud and Apple Music - Apple Community

Jim

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2019 12:18 AM in response to Ken L Alpha

Hi,

When you subscribe to Apple Music and use iCloud music library, your iTunes library is scanned to determine what music can be matched or needs to be uploaded. Your original library on your computer should be unaltered (make a backup before subscribing). Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

See also iCloud and Apple Music - Apple Community

Jim

Migrating Itunes smartplaylists to Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.