Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is buying a used iPhone Xr safe?

Is it safe to buy used iPhone Xr? He will give me the box, and iPhone Xr. Is it possible that is it fake or how can I know if its fake or not. Can he report that it is stolen or lost so he can buy another Xr for cheaper price? Also how to know if its damage in the inside like it has been repaired by other people which is not certified by apple.

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 10:09 AM

An iPhone with an MDM profile is business bound.

A Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution provides security, monitoring, management and support from an IT department on smartphones and tablets and can be offered by companies or mobile operators.

In the eyes of many suppliers, MDM offers a solution for employees to bring their own private equipment

I am very agree with KiltedTim, don’t buy it.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2019 10:09 AM in response to Roel2k2

An iPhone with an MDM profile is business bound.

A Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution provides security, monitoring, management and support from an IT department on smartphones and tablets and can be offered by companies or mobile operators.

In the eyes of many suppliers, MDM offers a solution for employees to bring their own private equipment

I am very agree with KiltedTim, don’t buy it.

Aug 4, 2019 5:43 AM in response to Roel2k2

For me the most important thing is that's free of a an Apple ID. So I think when it welcomes you with "Hello" it should be ok. Just buy it with personal contact to the seller don't get it shipped anonymously or buy it from a known seller! I bought several iPhones/ iPads this way w/o any problems.

Good luck ervau

Is buying a used iPhone Xr safe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.