Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can’t me and my friend can’t call,FaceTime or receive iMessage from each other even though we’re not blocking each other

So I got a new phone last month the iPhone XS Max. I thought everything was running smooth until I text one of my friends who has a iPhone as well. Every time I text this person the text message turn green every time I text them and I ask them did they receive my text and they say no even though their iMessage is on I also can’t call or FaceTime them either. On my old phone I was block from their phone could be when I back up my old phone my phone is program into thinking I’m block from their phone. I don’t want reset my phone

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2019 7:14 AM

A good iphone to iphone imessage should be Blue.

Green means one of the phones is not recognised as an iphone, or the messages app on one of your phones is not set up with the correct number.

Try this on BOTH phones

Settings, Messages.

Turn iMessage off.

Restart the phone.

Turn iMessage back on.

That should unregister any incorrect phone number.

Then in Settings, [yourname]

tap on Name Phone Numbers Email and check they are correct on both phones.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2019 7:14 AM in response to Jamie3076

A good iphone to iphone imessage should be Blue.

Green means one of the phones is not recognised as an iphone, or the messages app on one of your phones is not set up with the correct number.

Try this on BOTH phones

Settings, Messages.

Turn iMessage off.

Restart the phone.

Turn iMessage back on.

That should unregister any incorrect phone number.

Then in Settings, [yourname]

tap on Name Phone Numbers Email and check they are correct on both phones.

why can’t me and my friend can’t call,FaceTime or receive iMessage from each other even though we’re not blocking each other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.