Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot message or FaceTime with on of my friends on an iPad

I cannot text or FaceTime on my iPad with only one friend. I can with everyone else , so can she , she can also text me and call me on FaceTime but when I try to call her she does not hear the ring and I get a message failed call, same thing is happening on texts. Please help

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 10:48 PM

Hi gs1969,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Did you notice the "Related Article" link above your question on this discussion page.

That article may provide an answer.

To make a FaceTime call, you need the person's phone number or registered email address.

Wondering if you have the correct details of your friend correctly entered in FaceTime and/or in your Contacts.

Might be worth double-checking.

Or

Try this article from Apple Support:

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

Note: You might not be able to FaceTime people in some countries:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204380

Hope this helps :)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 10:48 PM in response to gs1969

Hi gs1969,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Did you notice the "Related Article" link above your question on this discussion page.

That article may provide an answer.

To make a FaceTime call, you need the person's phone number or registered email address.

Wondering if you have the correct details of your friend correctly entered in FaceTime and/or in your Contacts.

Might be worth double-checking.

Or

Try this article from Apple Support:

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

Note: You might not be able to FaceTime people in some countries:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204380

Hope this helps :)

I cannot message or FaceTime with on of my friends on an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.