Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad won’t receive FaceTime whereas the iPhone will.

I tried to call my friend on her iPad, however it keeps going to the phone, she can’t receive FaceTime on her iPad. However what is really bizarre is that she can call me on her iPad using FaceTime. She gets messages on both devices and emails on both devices. What am I missing as she want to be able to use her iPad as her FaceTime device and leave the phone for texting etc.

Posted on May 11, 2020 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 9:44 AM

Her I watch can receive as well. We have turned on and off iPad and checked all toggles for FaceTime.

We now have it working, turns out @ DO NOT DISTURB “ was turned on IPad . Now all working. Yeah . Now she can see my ugly face.!!

2 replies

May 11, 2020 8:20 AM in response to MartinfromMRWINES

If you are making a FaceTime audio call, addressed by the telephone number, then your iPhone settings become highly relevant.

On iPhone, in Settings:

Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices - set to ON - and explicitly enable the device(s) to which calls can be forwarded.

On both iPhone and iPad, ensure that you have enabled all the email addresses and linked (iPhone) telephone number:

Settings > FaceTime - is enabled - and [You can be reached by FaceTime at] is enabled for all available items.

iPad won’t receive FaceTime whereas the iPhone will.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.