Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music

I have changed over to family package for Apple Music and I am trying to allow my mum to be a part of it but when I go to settings it won’t let me add her as I’m not the parent. I’m already paying for family sharing but cannot actually share with family.

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 1:12 AM

To share the Apple Music service in a family group, one needs to get (or change to) the Apple Music Family subscription.

You also need to set up (define) the Family Sharing group. One adult in the group should act as the organizer, that can invite people using all their Apple IDs. You don’t have to be a parent to be the organizer, but you need to be of age and have a valid payment method for family sharing (e.g. credit card). It is advised that the family group organizer is the one to get the Apple Music Family subscription.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2019 1:12 AM in response to EmilyCrew

To share the Apple Music service in a family group, one needs to get (or change to) the Apple Music Family subscription.

You also need to set up (define) the Family Sharing group. One adult in the group should act as the organizer, that can invite people using all their Apple IDs. You don’t have to be a parent to be the organizer, but you need to be of age and have a valid payment method for family sharing (e.g. credit card). It is advised that the family group organizer is the one to get the Apple Music Family subscription.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Get an Apple Music Family subscription - Apple Support

Apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.