Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac will not turn on

This morning, I woke my 2012 21” iMac from sleep. Opened some browser windows and a few seconds later, the iMac just completely shut off. No power. Now, it will not turn on at all.

1) It was plugged into a surge protector.

2) I unplugged it and plugged it back in.

3) I unplugged the cable from the back, waited, and plugged it back in.

4) I pressed and held the power button, then pressed it again.

5) I tried different outlets.

6) The Logic board was replaced a year ago.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 1:10 PM

Please read: If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up located at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204267

You have completed most of the steps already, the final steps are:

Check for other startup issues

• If your Mac turns on but doesn't finish starting up, you might be able take steps based on the screen you see on your display.
  • If you recently installed memory or a hard disk (or SSD), make sure that it's compatible and installed correctly. If possible, remove it and test with the original memory or disk.

If your Mac still doesn't turn on or start up

If you still need help, contact Apple Support, an Apple Store, or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2019 1:10 PM in response to ande6519

Please read: If your Mac doesn't turn on or start up located at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204267

You have completed most of the steps already, the final steps are:

Check for other startup issues

• If your Mac turns on but doesn't finish starting up, you might be able take steps based on the screen you see on your display.
  • If you recently installed memory or a hard disk (or SSD), make sure that it's compatible and installed correctly. If possible, remove it and test with the original memory or disk.

If your Mac still doesn't turn on or start up

If you still need help, contact Apple Support, an Apple Store, or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

iMac will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.