Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac doesn't turn on after it has been moved

Hi,

I have recently been between houses. After the first time I moved I plugged in my iMac and it did not turn on. It is as if the power wasn't reaching the computer as no hint of turning on happened. I tried different power points etc. and nothing worked. I tried a few days later and it turned on.

I had to move again and the same thing happened. I have finally moved for the last time and it is not turning on. Would there be any reason for this? I need it quite urgently for my uni exams coming up. Any help would be amazing!

Thanks!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 7:54 AM

Please refer to the troubleshooting steps in If your Mac won't turn on, if those do not work then it's time to take it to your local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be diagnosed.

Apple Authorized Service Provider Locator (AASP) & Genius Appointment

9 replies

Jun 2, 2021 8:14 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Good follow up old friend.

I recently had two panic calls, one last week from my brother in-law and one this week from my son in-law. In both cases, they had either cleaned or rearrange their desks and in both cases the cord had become partially unplugged from the back of the iMac. Ironically my brother in-law tried blaming his wife and my son in-law tried to blaming the grandkids.

Jun 2, 2021 8:19 AM in response to den.thed

LOL, glad it was so simple.

Last week we went out and bought the top of the line Traeger Smoker, these things need to be plugged in power. A couple of days after getting it my wife comes to me upset to let me know she has a call into Traeger because the thing wouldn't power on. 2 minutes later I discovered the problem, I'm sure you can figure out what it was.

iMac doesn't turn on after it has been moved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.