Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fusion Drive / Macbook Pro 13 Late 2011

Hi all, first time here :)

So I've created a Fusion Drive on my Macbook pro 13 late 2011. One Samsung SSD 512gb and the standard Macintosh HDD 500gb combined to 1tb. Everything is working as it should, however my question is should the Fusion Drive be Read & Write? Or Just Read? I'm trying to do a disk speed test Via Blackmagic but all I'm getting is a pop up window stating my drive is 'READ ONLY'....I've seen clips on line of others doing this Fusion drive and then testing the speeds, with crazy fast results. I can however, select the drive and then venture into the drive select a folder and test that but even then my Write speed is only at 243mb & Read @ 511mb.

Anyone here know if I'm correct about the Read Only aspect. A few Screenshots below.

Thanks again all.

Peace & Love

RipsDJ

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 6:44 AM

My guess would be because your Fusion Drive is encrypted.

I have had Fusion Drives in the past and not had any issue with BlackMagic speed tests reading/writing to it. But, my drive was NOT encrypted.

What OS are you running on your drive?

Similar questions

2 replies

Fusion Drive / Macbook Pro 13 Late 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.