Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanning docs with iPad ?

Is there an app to scan documents using the iPad rear camera ?

I want to be able to scan a document and save it as a PDF to be able to email.

OCR would be nice too.

How can I scan multiply pages and save them as One PDF file ?

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 9:31 AM

If you have iOS 11 or later, the Notes App can do that, and its actually very good at it. No OCR however, but it does save multiple scans as a single PDF. Maximum 25 pages if I remember correctly.

See the "Scan a document" section here: Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Do note, that for the Scan option to be available, the note needs to be created in the "iCloud" or "On My iPad" groups.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2019 9:31 AM in response to alex7375

If you have iOS 11 or later, the Notes App can do that, and its actually very good at it. No OCR however, but it does save multiple scans as a single PDF. Maximum 25 pages if I remember correctly.

See the "Scan a document" section here: Use Notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Do note, that for the Scan option to be available, the note needs to be created in the "iCloud" or "On My iPad" groups.

Aug 6, 2019 10:48 AM in response to alex7375

I can give a thumbs up for Scanner Pro. I use it quite a bit every day at work. I really like it. You can scan multiple pages and create one pdf. You can scan as b/w or color documents, color photo and grayscale photo as well. It also has a built in fax feature. I don’t use it. I believe that it comes with a charge in order to fax.

Aug 6, 2019 10:55 AM in response to Phil0124

Any Apps in the App store are by definition approved by Apple. Apple verifies all apps submitted to the app store for compliance with there terms.

You can use the default built-in Notes App to create the PDFs, and then use one of the third party apps for the OCR portion, or just get a third party app for both steps. It doesn't really matter.

Aug 6, 2019 11:04 AM in response to alex7375

If you search the App Store for “OCR” you will get many hits. Then you can web search for hands on reviews of the ones that seem well rated. Along with Scanner Pro, Scanbot Pro, CamScanner and a couple of others seem to be the best regarded ones.

I use Scanner Pro as it meets my needs and it was at one time free as an App for the day or some short time free download.

Scanning docs with iPad ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.