Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need apple care and and also sprint insurance?

Hi! Does anyone know if you need both Apple Care+ with theft and loss as well as Sprint Complete Insurance? I have both and just wondering if I really need both?

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 11:34 AM

No. That serves very little purpose. Get rid of the Sprint insurance. It's pretty worthless anyway as any replacement they give you will most likely be refurbished by an unauthorized 3rd party and will be untouchable by Apple when it comes to service.

7 replies

Aug 6, 2019 11:36 AM in response to teammom6226

You would have to compare what each provides you. Apple Care plus provides for reduced costs on two accidental damage claims, I have no idea what Sprint provides. What differences are there between Apple and Sprint with theft and loss. See where I'm going with this? The decision is up to you, and unless someone here that chooses to answer has Sprint insurance, and has already done the comparison, then you need to do it yourself. Only you can determine if you want both, after seeing what each provides.

Aug 6, 2019 1:53 PM in response to KiltedTim

Yes I know the repair part is not with them. But you file any claims for loss or theft with Asurion and Asurion replaces devices under those claims, not Apple. So the insurance part of AppleCare+ with loss & theft seems no different than Asurion insurance with a carrier.

Of course, the non-theft and loss part of AppleCare+ still has more value in my mind as it is a one year extension to your warranty with two reduced fee out-of-warranty repair claims.

Although personally, I never buy Applecare+ nor insurance on any of my mobile devices. If I did, I’d just be out of pocket a few thousands over the last 20 years with no gain from the coverage at all. I’ve had one replacement of an iOS device, and one PowerBook repair in the last 20 years and both were covered under the default warranty. So in all that time and dozens of devices, I would never had an opportunity to get any of my extended warranty fees back in repair cost savings. I’d just be poorer for having bought them, which is my feeling on extended warranties on anything - I just never buy them on any of my things.

Do I need apple care and and also sprint insurance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.