Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone xr came with 128 GB of data however now it’s telling me my storage is full with 5 out of 5 GB

How much data do I actually have then, and why is it showing that my storage is full if I have 128 GB

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 12:03 PM

That's only iCloud storage for various storage and backups on Apple's servers. The default is 5 GB with any Apple ID account. I believe the cheapest paid storage is 50 GB.

If you don't have much, it will primarily save your settings on iCloud.

To see your device storage, it's Settings > General > iPhone Storage. There's also Settings > General > Capacity/Available. In addition you can connect to iTunes and get a representation of storage used/available. This number may not match though. The number on the phone is supposed to be the most accurate.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2019 12:03 PM in response to mckalex

That's only iCloud storage for various storage and backups on Apple's servers. The default is 5 GB with any Apple ID account. I believe the cheapest paid storage is 50 GB.

If you don't have much, it will primarily save your settings on iCloud.

To see your device storage, it's Settings > General > iPhone Storage. There's also Settings > General > Capacity/Available. In addition you can connect to iTunes and get a representation of storage used/available. This number may not match though. The number on the phone is supposed to be the most accurate.

My iphone xr came with 128 GB of data however now it’s telling me my storage is full with 5 out of 5 GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.