Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone only using 16GB and telling "storage is full"

Why is my iPhone only using the 16GB phone storage and telling me my phone storage is full and not using the 200GB storage that I bought

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 12:36 AM

The storage that you have purchased (200gb) is for offline storage (backups for photos, settings, and application data etc).

The physical storage on your phone cannot be increased (16GB) is the physical drive space inside the iPhone.

You will need to delete some physical data from the iPhone (such as music, apps, photos etc) to free up some space.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 12:36 AM in response to Daniejoh89

The storage that you have purchased (200gb) is for offline storage (backups for photos, settings, and application data etc).

The physical storage on your phone cannot be increased (16GB) is the physical drive space inside the iPhone.

You will need to delete some physical data from the iPhone (such as music, apps, photos etc) to free up some space.

iPhone only using 16GB and telling "storage is full"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.