Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop itunes from playing next song in library automatically..

How do I stop I tunes from automatically playing the next song in my library list after I am done listening to a previous choice?

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2019 1:36 PM

There are a number of approaches. Which is best depends on how often you want this behaviour and whether you sync any devices with iTunes. iTunes will normally play through all checked items in the current view, skipping any marked as skipped when shuffling if you are in shuffle play mode. The the search box there is a magnifying glass. Click this and make sure Search Entire Library is not ticked. You can now type the name of a song, or part of one, plus fragments of the artist and album if needed to narrow the view down to a single song. Play this and as long as repeat isn't enabled it will play once and stop. Or after you start playing a song click the small icon to the right of the notification area where the track details are presented, scroll to the end of the list and click Clear. Playback will cease at the end of the current track. Or you could uncheck the entire library, each track will then play once if you ask it to, then stop.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2019 1:36 PM in response to Melodyman

There are a number of approaches. Which is best depends on how often you want this behaviour and whether you sync any devices with iTunes. iTunes will normally play through all checked items in the current view, skipping any marked as skipped when shuffling if you are in shuffle play mode. The the search box there is a magnifying glass. Click this and make sure Search Entire Library is not ticked. You can now type the name of a song, or part of one, plus fragments of the artist and album if needed to narrow the view down to a single song. Play this and as long as repeat isn't enabled it will play once and stop. Or after you start playing a song click the small icon to the right of the notification area where the track details are presented, scroll to the end of the list and click Clear. Playback will cease at the end of the current track. Or you could uncheck the entire library, each track will then play once if you ask it to, then stop.

tt2

How to stop itunes from playing next song in library automatically..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.