Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring photos from files app to photos app

I can’t figure out how to transfer photos i have in the files app to the photos app so i can import them into clipstudio app - which only seems to allow importing from the photos app. I know i could transfer the photos to the cloud and then transfer them, or add them to the iPad via another computer, but this is all to complicated in my opinion and convoluted.

I understand that the clipstudio app is the problem because it only seems to look in one place on the iPad for images and files, but I still don’t understand why a “Pro” level device can’t provide me with a tree level view of the various app folders and storage locations so that i can drag/drop or copy/paste from one to another. If this is possible, I’d love to know how.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 7:54 AM

Hello,

Are you familiar with opening applications in side-by-side multitasking? This allows you to use 2 apps at the same time. If so, you can open Photos and Files side-by-side. You can then drag and drop the photos from Files to the Photos window.

In Files you can also open the desired photo then tap the action button (the square with an upward facing arrow) and tap Save Image.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2019 7:54 AM in response to Yfiyvhvutdugckh

Hello,

Are you familiar with opening applications in side-by-side multitasking? This allows you to use 2 apps at the same time. If so, you can open Photos and Files side-by-side. You can then drag and drop the photos from Files to the Photos window.

In Files you can also open the desired photo then tap the action button (the square with an upward facing arrow) and tap Save Image.

Aug 7, 2019 8:04 AM in response to Yfiyvhvutdugckh

Hello,

Here is an Apple Support document about how to use multitasking. You will be amazed with how much you can do with your iPad Pro. I personally use an iPad Pro as my main computer and multitasking helps make the experience so much more powerful. Currently you can run up to 4 applications at once on the screen. Apple has announced that this Fall with iPadOS 13 that iPad can run as many applications as you wish on the screen at once.

Multitasking on iPad

Transferring photos from files app to photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.