Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CHANGED IPHONE XR RECORD VIDEO SETTINGS NOW IMPORT VIDEO ISSUES

I RECENTLY CHANGED MY IPHONE XR RECORD VIDEO SETTINGS FROM THE DEFAULT TO A HIGHER RESOLUTION. SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN HAVING ISSUES IMPORTING VIDEO TO MY WINDOWS 10 PC. I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT READS: " THE DEVICE IS UNREACHABLE." IT IMPORTS ALL PHOTOS WITH NO ISSUE BUT I HAVE TO SKIP THE IMPORTING OF THE VIDEOS. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO FIX THIS?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 1:29 PM

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer. 

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in Windows Photos app. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

If none of the above is a satisfactory answer

Then, follow the steps in these Microsoft knowledge base articles to learn how to import photos to Windows Photos app:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2019 1:29 PM in response to barkingbuddhas

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer. 

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in Windows Photos app. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

If none of the above is a satisfactory answer

Then, follow the steps in these Microsoft knowledge base articles to learn how to import photos to Windows Photos app:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201302

Aug 9, 2019 1:10 PM in response to SravanKrA

THANKS FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE, SRAVANKRA.

HOW I TYPICALLY IMPORT PHOTOS/VIDEOS IS BY RIGHT-CLICKING ON THE IPHONE ICON LISTED UNDER DEVICES AND DRIVES IN WINDOWS FILE EXPLORER. THIS HAS ALWAYS WORKED FOR ALL PHOTOS AND VIDEOS. IT DOES NOT ANY LONGER.

I JUST USED THE WINDOWS PHOTO APP TO IMPORT AND IT APPEARS THAT IT IMPORTED ALL MY VIDEOS. HOWEVER, WHEN I ATTEMPT TO OPEN THEM, I GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE: THIS ITEM WAS ENCODED IN A FORMAT THAT'S NOT SUPPORTED: 0xc00d5212.

CHANGED IPHONE XR RECORD VIDEO SETTINGS NOW IMPORT VIDEO ISSUES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.