Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer error when trying to sync videos from iphone 7 to mac

I have an iPhone 7 and when I am importing photos and videos into the Photos app on my computer the photos transfer perfectly from phone to mac.

But importing the videos always causes an error/stalls out/freezes any transfer of data from happening.

My computer is running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

My iPhone is running OS 13.6.1

I'm wary to update either without having backed up these videos that I can't seem to transfer.

I had previously read that iPhone 7's video file type changed compared to previous iPhone versions and that this may cause a problem when importing into the Photos app on my computer. Is this a known bug with a work around?

Is there a way to simply transfer these videos as data files somehow on to my mac, outside of the Photos app? Or is there a different way to import them that I'm not seeing?

Please help! Thank you!

(also, icloud is not an option for me at this time so a solution that doesn't utilize icloud is greatly appreciated).

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 1:40 PM

Hi

I would say the first thing to try is the image capture app to transfer the files from your phone to a folder rather than into the photos app.

Similar questions

2 replies

Transfer error when trying to sync videos from iphone 7 to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.