Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issue importing photos and video using MacOS V 12.3.1

hello, each time I attach my iPhone pro 13 w/ a USB cord, it uploads the "new" photos from my phone but it always says there are 100+ each time even if I finish, and then re attach it 10 seconds later with no new photos to upload... see pic. thanks!

Mac mini, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 15, 2022 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2022 11:51 PM

Hi

What format of the file is on the phone, and what is on the PC. Is the phone taking HEIC photos, but converting them to jpg for transfer to the mac. If so, they won't be recognised as duplicates - change the phone photos setting "transfer to pc or mac" to "keep originals".

Or are these files from other apps (eg messenger apps/email/whatsapp etc). Often these are modified in some way before transfer. The only solution in this case seems to be to delete them off the phone after transfer.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2022 11:51 PM in response to anti_flashist

Hi

What format of the file is on the phone, and what is on the PC. Is the phone taking HEIC photos, but converting them to jpg for transfer to the mac. If so, they won't be recognised as duplicates - change the phone photos setting "transfer to pc or mac" to "keep originals".

Or are these files from other apps (eg messenger apps/email/whatsapp etc). Often these are modified in some way before transfer. The only solution in this case seems to be to delete them off the phone after transfer.

issue importing photos and video using MacOS V 12.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.