Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Used Ipad

1. I bought an iPad 12.9 gen 2 iPad from Shopgoodwill.com it is iCloud locked if I send it to Apple and my receipt can Apple contact the original owner so they can remove iCloud lock

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 6:35 PM

No.....Apple does not EVER get involved in 2nd hand devices. They won't help you find the owner. They won't help you at all since you are not original buyer of the iPad and you don't have the original purchase receipt with the iPad serial number printed on the receipt.

You have purchased a 100% useless device that no one other then owner who put the lock on the device can remove. Since you don't know them and the Goodwill doesn't know them, there is nothing you can ever do with the iPad.

Your options are as follows:

1. Return it for refund
  2. If they won't take it back, recycle it responsibly
  3. Use it as a paperweight, coaster or maybe a unique serving platter

There is no hope for this device at all. Sorry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2019 6:35 PM in response to Michaelecho60

No.....Apple does not EVER get involved in 2nd hand devices. They won't help you find the owner. They won't help you at all since you are not original buyer of the iPad and you don't have the original purchase receipt with the iPad serial number printed on the receipt.

You have purchased a 100% useless device that no one other then owner who put the lock on the device can remove. Since you don't know them and the Goodwill doesn't know them, there is nothing you can ever do with the iPad.

Your options are as follows:

1. Return it for refund
  2. If they won't take it back, recycle it responsibly
  3. Use it as a paperweight, coaster or maybe a unique serving platter

There is no hope for this device at all. Sorry

Used Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.