Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card Application Issues

I was sent an email from apple for an early access invitation of their new apple card, when I try to apply for it the link takes me to the wallet app to start the process but when I press continue it gives me the same error every time. (Apple Card Unavailable - Apple Pay services are currently unavailable. Please try again later.)

I am running the most recent update on my iPhone XS Max

I was wondering is the card still not available and the email was sent to early? or Is there just a high volume of people trying to apply for it right now?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 5:08 AM

I had the same issue from my 8 plus. However, I tried applying from the "Wallet and Apple Pay" settings on my iPad, and it worked. Side by side I'd get the error at the same step on my phone, but could progress past the step on the iPad.

Eventually I just completed the application on my iPad because I wanna start using the card, so I wasn't able to figure out what it might have been about the phone that was preventing it from working. But the fact that it worked fine from my iPad every time leads me to think it's something about the configuration of my phone that was stopping it from working, vs it being a volume problem on the Apple/Goldman side.

TL;DR if you've got another device capable of Apple Pay, try applying from that one.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2019 5:08 AM in response to Hazi96lope

I had the same issue from my 8 plus. However, I tried applying from the "Wallet and Apple Pay" settings on my iPad, and it worked. Side by side I'd get the error at the same step on my phone, but could progress past the step on the iPad.

Eventually I just completed the application on my iPad because I wanna start using the card, so I wasn't able to figure out what it might have been about the phone that was preventing it from working. But the fact that it worked fine from my iPad every time leads me to think it's something about the configuration of my phone that was stopping it from working, vs it being a volume problem on the Apple/Goldman side.

TL;DR if you've got another device capable of Apple Pay, try applying from that one.

Aug 12, 2019 4:54 PM in response to yao81

For Apple Card;

1. Go to settings>general>software update and make sure there are no updates (must be at least 12.4)
  2. Make sure you are using 2 factor authentication
  3. Make sure your region is set correctly for your Apple ID and on your phone (You must be in the USA and it has to be set to USA)
  4. Make sure you are signed into your iCloud with the same Apple ID as the invitation email.
  5. Restart your phone
  6. You need a SSN, Drivers license, or State ID. A passport will not work.
  7. Go here - How to apply for Apple Card - Apple Support
  8. And here if none of that works - Apple Card - Official Apple Support

Aug 25, 2019 2:49 PM in response to Hazi96lope

I received the "Apple Pay services currently unavailable for 2 days straight when trying to apply for the Apple Card through the wallet. I have NEVER used my phone as payment device so, it was no surprise to find that the primary card on file was expired. After deleting the expired card in iCloud then addind a current card, I still got the same alert.

Finally, I restarted my phone. I was then able to get through the application and get approved in less than 5 minutes.

Apple Card Application Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.