Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Safari

I have MacBook 12" with macOS Mojave 10.14.5 (18F132). My problem is with the Safari browser. It's not responsive in any way- can't close it, quit, kill it, can't open pages, settings, etc. I forced turn-off my laptop, but when I turned it back on, the browser was still open and not responsive.

This state of the Safari browser is stoping me from restarting and updating my laptop.

Can someone tell me how to fix it?

MacBook

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Aug 8, 2019 7:43 AM in response to VickyGeorgieva

You may  have adware/malware installed. Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware. The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After running the scans, restart the computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Problems with Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.