Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

32-bit applications?

I checked the system report and found many 32 bit applications -- it seems a bit daunting to have to contact all these vendors. I don't think I have the inclination to do all this.. But I have Microsoft office that I've used for many years --- I'm guess the only thing to do is buy an upgraded version ---

is this correct?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 8:22 AM

If you continue running Mojave, you do not need to do anything as both 32 and 64-bit applications remain supported. If you plan to upgrade to Catalina (10.15) this Fall, then you will need either a current Office365 subscription, or the single purchase Office 2019 for Mac — both are 64-bit, so yes, you will need to spend some money with Microsoft.

Also, If you plan to upgrade to Catalina, none of your 32-bit applications will function, and yes, you should check with every vendor of those applications (that you want to keep), to see if they offer a 64-bit version. If it is a critical application and the vendor does not provide a 64-bit update, you may want to reconsider the Catalina upgrade.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2019 8:22 AM in response to j p from thenorth

If you continue running Mojave, you do not need to do anything as both 32 and 64-bit applications remain supported. If you plan to upgrade to Catalina (10.15) this Fall, then you will need either a current Office365 subscription, or the single purchase Office 2019 for Mac — both are 64-bit, so yes, you will need to spend some money with Microsoft.

Also, If you plan to upgrade to Catalina, none of your 32-bit applications will function, and yes, you should check with every vendor of those applications (that you want to keep), to see if they offer a 64-bit version. If it is a critical application and the vendor does not provide a 64-bit update, you may want to reconsider the Catalina upgrade.

32-bit applications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.