Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to reinstall printer everytime I restart MacBook Air

I have a MacBook Air using MacOs Mojave Ver. 10.14.6 (the latest) however, this problem has been going on for months. I have a Canon ImageClass LBP6300dn with the latest driver installed (however, as before, this problem predates the latest driver). The printer is connected via USB. Whenever I restart my computer, my printer does not work. I have to delete the printer from System Preferences and reinstall it. It is now part of my morning routine. However, sometimes I try to delete/reinstall and their are no printers showing up. However none of the other printers have the same problem. They eventually show up and work. I've tried resetting the printers, but still have the problem with the Canon. I've tried deleting all previous drivers.

Any suggestions? I don't want to buy a new printer. This one works great except for this glitch.

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 2:34 PM

Try resetting the printer system as described in this Apple document: If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Need to reinstall printer everytime I restart MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.