Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I pay the monthly fee and still have to pay for each individual song?

Am I misunderstanding how a subscription to Apple Music works? We pay the 9.99 for individual or $14.99 for Family subscription and we can download and listen to music at no extra cost. Or do I pay the monthly fee and still have to pay for each individual song?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 4:18 PM

You can listen to music for no additional charge. The following has instructions on how to download for no additional charge: Add and download music and video content from the Apple Music catalog - Apple Support

Note that you can also, at your option, purchase music (for an additional charge) through the iTunes Store app.

You retain rights to listen to Apple Music only as long as you continue to subscribe but the rights to purchased music do not expire.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2019 4:18 PM in response to HOPE-MA

You can listen to music for no additional charge. The following has instructions on how to download for no additional charge: Add and download music and video content from the Apple Music catalog - Apple Support

Note that you can also, at your option, purchase music (for an additional charge) through the iTunes Store app.

You retain rights to listen to Apple Music only as long as you continue to subscribe but the rights to purchased music do not expire.

Do I pay the monthly fee and still have to pay for each individual song?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.