Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got an email saying apple and that someone is trying to sing into my account is this a scam

I got multiple emails saying it’s apple and that someone is requesting to login to my account from France is this a scam

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 10:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 10:45 AM

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2019 10:45 AM in response to Shady72

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment. You won’t receive a response.

reportphishing@apple.com

Aug 8, 2019 10:26 PM in response to Shady72

Probably. Without seeing the email it's hard to be sure, but from what you've said I'm guessing it is. Red flags to look for include

• the sender address (does it *absolutely* come from @apple.com ?),
  • links in the email that link to anything other than somewhere on apple.com (look at the first part of the URL between the https:// and the next / - if it doesn't end in apple.com then its fake - and 'somewhere.apple.com.otherdomain.com is NOT OK - the hostname has to END in apple.com)
  • Spelling errors or typos in the message - Apple are pretty anal about grammar in emails and any typos, spelling errors or other grammatical errors are a big no-no

Other than that, even if someone *is* trying to log into your account from France, they're clearly not succeeding, so ignore the emails and move on.

i got an email saying apple and that someone is trying to sing into my account is this a scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.