Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

contacting apple for malicious mail

hi

how can i connect apple about a suspicious mail from "apple" that say i need to update my Payment specification. would like to know if apple sent me the mail or a malicious software

couldn't find how to contact apple support by mail only by phone

thnks

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 12:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 12:17 AM

Hello,

That's a fishing - Don't give them any details about your Apple ID and don't respond to to this e-mail.

please report on this e-mail to apple: https://www.apple.com/ca/legal/more-resources/phishing/.

Best reagards,

Glad that you noticed that something is wrong with e-mails like this.

2 replies

Aug 9, 2019 10:33 AM in response to mimo1210

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address.  The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information by email such as Social Security numbers, your Mother’s maiden name or full credit card numbers .

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

contacting apple for malicious mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.