Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BUYING IPAD PRO ONLINE FROM US STORE WITH MY NON-US CREDIT CARD

My friend lives in US and will be coming to Pakistan soon. I want to purchase iPAD pro from the US online store using my own credit card issued in Pakistan and have it delivered to his US address. Is it possible? If yes, how?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 7:09 AM

The basic fact is you cannot use a foreign credit card to shop on the USA Apple store.

Your options for shopping on the USA Apple store are explained here - Payment, Financing, Refunds and VAT - Shopping Help - Apple

9 replies

Aug 10, 2019 6:46 AM in response to nofalbutt

What you think doesn't matter. Apple isn't Amazon and this is Apple's policy. It's never been possible to purchase from the American Store from outside the US with a non-US issued credit card. This is likely because iOS based devices do NOT come with international warranty. Buy an iPad or iPhone in the US and the warranty is invalid outside the US. You are taking a risk in having someone purchase an iPad for you in the US to be used in your country. As long as you understand and accept the risk, then you have to find a friend willing to purchase it for you and you pay them back.

Aug 10, 2019 7:36 AM in response to nofalbutt

Apple’s policies are Apple’s policies. They do not operate the same way as Amazon and never have. Their online stores have always been country/region specific. It doesn’t really matter what any other retailer does or doesn’t do. Apple is not obligated to take or process foreign sources of payment.

USA incorporated business are not obligated to accept any particular means of payment, including cash if they don’t wish to deal with it.

BUYING IPAD PRO ONLINE FROM US STORE WITH MY NON-US CREDIT CARD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.