You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Folder Overload

Today I thought I would download an old game from Steam. It was in my Steam Library. I wanted to see if it would run on my new Macbook Air. The file size was about 60 gig. I had about 70 gig of free space. The download took a long time and stopped after about 95% was downloaded. A Steam message said the game was outdated and the download could not be completed. Well that obviously meant the game wasn't going to run on this computer.

I wanted to reclaim all the space the game had taken up. Checking storage, I found that the System file was holding about 95 gig. So that's where the defective game was sitting. But I can't get at the System files to delete the game. How do I proceed? Thanks.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 11:40 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 9, 2019 11:47 AM in response to engine44

Don't rely on the Storage display on being correct. it is often wrong. If you were downloading it from Steam then they usually get downloaded to your Downloads folder. Or is your Set, Library on an external drive that you own, then it will be in the place you dragged the game to. Either that or do a Spotlight search for the game on your Mac.

System Folder Overload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.