Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DirecTV NOW "Sign In Error"

All of a sudden I am unable to sign in to DirecTV NOW on Apple TV. I have been using it successfully for months, but now I get a "Sign In Error" that says:

"We are sorry, but you are not authorized to access this web site. Please verify you are authorized and re-enter your User ID and Password."

I've re-entered the User ID and Password -- with the correct information -- and it continues to give me that message. That same User ID and Password work successfully on my iOS devices and on Safari browser.

I tried deleting and re-installing the DirecTV NOW app and even resetting my Apple TV to factory defaults and it still doesn't work.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone know the solution?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 4:09 PM

I just got off the phone with DirecTV NOW. They said that there was some issue due to the lastest version of tvOS and that I would have to use a different username. We changed the username and that worked!! Everything is fine now.

Similar questions

3 replies

DirecTV NOW "Sign In Error"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.