Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some Apple TV apps requiring DIRECTV login not playing content

Opening up ABC, NBC, ESPN today and trying to play content and the apps pop up a message saying: “We’re sorry it looks like you’re not a subscriber to this channel. Please contact your provider. 0033: The customer is not authorized for the content requested.” I have checked with DIRECTV and my subscription is activate with nothing changing. Not sure why all of the sudden this message started popping up. I have tried logging out and back in several times in Accounts - TV Provider as well as trying to log in individually into the apps. Other apps that require my log in such as NFL Sunday Ticket and Fox Sports worked just fine. This has been going on all day. Any suggestions?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 12:26 AM

The authentication is between the TV provider and the content providers (ABC, NBC, etc). That’s where the issue is, and they have to solve that among themselves. Neither you nor Apple can do anything about that. As the issue is for multiple services at the same time, you could interpret that as a sign that it is DirecTV that fails here. Contact them to urge them to restore this part of their service.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 12:26 AM in response to smstephan

The authentication is between the TV provider and the content providers (ABC, NBC, etc). That’s where the issue is, and they have to solve that among themselves. Neither you nor Apple can do anything about that. As the issue is for multiple services at the same time, you could interpret that as a sign that it is DirecTV that fails here. Contact them to urge them to restore this part of their service.

Some Apple TV apps requiring DIRECTV login not playing content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.