Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone and iPad won’t share passwords with each other any more.

My iPhone and iPad won’t share passwords with each other any more. I have turned them on and off, disconnected and connected to the same WiFi multiple times with both, and still I cannot get my iPhone to share the password to the WiFi.

This has been happening for the last three or four weeks now and it’s getting to be pretty upsetting that something isn’t working.

I've updated both devices to the latest OS and still I cannot get online with my iPad because I don’t remember a password for the WiFi that my iPhone is connected to.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 5:26 PM

This didn't work. This is why I posted the question. Until three weeks ago I had no trouble with this and was able to share passwords without issue.

Of course my AppleID is on both devices, they are my devices.

That’s why I posted the question on a forum, because I’ve already visited this page and it was unhelpful.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2019 5:26 PM in response to SravanKrA

This didn't work. This is why I posted the question. Until three weeks ago I had no trouble with this and was able to share passwords without issue.

Of course my AppleID is on both devices, they are my devices.

That’s why I posted the question on a forum, because I’ve already visited this page and it was unhelpful.

Aug 10, 2019 5:52 PM in response to kylefromparks

Share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Learn how to share your Wi-Fi network password with friends and family.

Before you begin

• On both devices, turn Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on; if either of you have Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
  • Make sure your Apple ID is added to the other person's Contacts app.
  • Keep the other person's device nearby, within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.

Share your Wi-Fi password

1. Make sure your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
  2. Select the Wi-Fi network on your friend or family member's device (the device you want to connect).
  3. On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.

Share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209368

My iPhone and iPad won’t share passwords with each other any more.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.