Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 MacBook Pro - can it run OS X 10.13?

The school where I work is considering buying a 2019 15-inch MacBook Pro. It apparently comes pre-installed with OS X 10.14. Does anybody know if it can run OS X 10.13.6? I would prefer answers to be based on actual knowledge, rather than speculation like "I think so", "it should, but I haven't tried it", etc. When I asked at the local Apple shop, the sales assistant couldn't actually tell me and steered me towards 10.14. We would like concrete information before we shell out the already rather large amount that this machine will cost (and we're not even going for any of the optional extras, such as bigger SSD, better graphics card, more RAM, etc. - maxing it out basically doubles the price!).

The person who will be using it, while a long-time and quite competent user, is getting tired of having to upgrade applications so that they will work under newer OS's on newer Macs, adapt to different ways of having to do things because Apple has changed them (the same often applies to newer versions of applications), etc. She is currently very comfortable working within OS X 10.13.6 and would absolutely love it if the latest 2019 MacBook Pro could run that System version. If running all her current applications (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, FileMaker, MS Office, and more) under 10.14 requires minimal changes then it would make sense for us to go with 10.14, but we want to know what we are getting ourselves into before making the financial commitment.

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 5:00 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

2019 MacBook Pro - can it run OS X 10.13?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.