Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charge an iPhone XR when it's turned off

Just to make sure, this is my very first iPhone in my life. So, 4 days ago, I've just got an iPhone XR. In the store, I tested whether or not the iPhone charge while it's turned on. Everything seems normal, or so I thought.

Today, I tried to charge it when it's turned off. Whenever I plugged in the cable, it turns on and starts charging. Is this normal for iPhones?

The reason why I asked this question is because I've used numerous Android phones and every one of them will still turned off while charging.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes. English is not my first language.

~willypps

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 10, 2019 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 2:41 AM

Yes, it is normal.

If you wish to leave it turned off while charging, connect the charge cable first, then turn the phone off.

For future reference:

You can charge at anytime, for any amount of time.

You can use it while charging.

You can leave it attached to the charging circuit after the battery reaches 100%.

Do not repeatedly deplete the battery to low levels.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2019 2:41 AM in response to willypps

Yes, it is normal.

If you wish to leave it turned off while charging, connect the charge cable first, then turn the phone off.

For future reference:

You can charge at anytime, for any amount of time.

You can use it while charging.

You can leave it attached to the charging circuit after the battery reaches 100%.

Do not repeatedly deplete the battery to low levels.

charge an iPhone XR when it's turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.