Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I block messages from an email or url that keeps changing with every message?

How do I block messages from someone who uses an email or url as the from address and keeps changes it with every message?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2019 8:17 AM

Are they iMessages or SMS / MMS messages?

If the latter, contact your cellular carrier. They should be able to block email to SMS messages at the gateway, but it must be done by the carrier, you can't do it from your phone (note that this will block ALL email to SMS messages).

If the former, you can't block them entirely, but you can turn on "Filter Unknown Senders in Settings>Messages, which will turn off notifications for those not in your contacts and shuffle them off to a separate list.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2019 8:17 AM in response to chef$dave

Are they iMessages or SMS / MMS messages?

If the latter, contact your cellular carrier. They should be able to block email to SMS messages at the gateway, but it must be done by the carrier, you can't do it from your phone (note that this will block ALL email to SMS messages).

If the former, you can't block them entirely, but you can turn on "Filter Unknown Senders in Settings>Messages, which will turn off notifications for those not in your contacts and shuffle them off to a separate list.

How do I block messages from an email or url that keeps changing with every message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.